cygwin/X 1.5.10.1 graphics/fonts problem

I use cygwin/X to log in to a UNIX workstation
(Solaris 8/HP-UX 11.0) running CDE environment from a
PC with W2000.

I had cygwin 1.4.3 running with no problem using the
template script with the following changes:

set REMOTE_HOST=147.17.19.26
start Xwin -indirect %REMOTE_HOST% -nodecoration
-lesspointer -clipboard -fp tcp/%REMOTE_HOST%:7100

where 147.17.19.26 is my Solaris workstation.

My UNIX programs ran well and I had no graphics nor
fonts problems.  Unfortunately, I could not do copy
and paste between the UNIX and the PC.

I was told that copy and paste works with the latest
cygwin release.  I followed the cygwin remove
instructions found in the FAQ to remove my old version
of cygwin, then downloaded and installed cygwin
1.5.10.1 (with every module selected and installed).
I encountered a library link not found (cygX11-6.dll)
during the install but followed someone's suggestion
to run "sh /etc/postinstall/gtk2-x11.sh.done" to
correct the problem after the installation.

I used the same Solaris 8 workstation as my font
server and put the same "start Xwin" line (as above)
in my startup script.  However, the graphics are
"ugly" and distorted, even at the Solaris login
screen.

How do I handle the graphics problem?

Thanks for your help.

Victoria Lau