From: cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf Of Don V Black
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 3:11 PM
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: How to delete old cygwin directories on W2K?

Hi -

I have a couple of backup CYGWIN directories on my hard drive
that I cannot remove even when I logon as "Administrator".

I had a disk crash and was forced to restore the W2K system
onto a new harddrive.  I used the old drive (120GB) as a data
disk. The old drive contains the old CYGWIN directories which
I now cannot delete.

Windows Explorer displays the properties of these directories.
I cannot change the READ-ONLY status of the "Shorcuts" in
these directories.
The 'security' allows read and or execute only, no write, modify
or delete.  The owner is "S-1-5-21-184423 ... "

How do I delete these directories?

  - Kind Regards,
    Don

Join the Pros at your IEEE Computer Society
          http://www.IEEE-OCCS.org

Digital ChoreoGraphics       http://www.dcgfx.com
3D Visualization Software    Design & Development
1-949-548-1969                 dcg02@softcafe.net