fattem xterm mouse cursor?

I have software that can give me easily recognizable cursors on
non-cygwin windows.  However, on my Thinkpad/XPPro, on xterm windows, I
often have a terrible time finding/seeing the I-beam mouse cursor.  I did
not see any option in the xterm manpage that could thicken the I-beam.
(I can color the I-beam OK, but this is not sufficient.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Lester