RE: startx causing XP (Media Center Edition) blue screen?

Nope, the network card is built-in; no pcmcia.  I didn't check the chipset,
but I can say that a previous version of cygwin worked just fine with X.
The only reason why I upgraded cygwin was because I had to
reformat/reinstall XP because Roxio Media Creator wreaked havoc.  But that's
another story, and I didn't reinstall the Roxio software.

So, I am not sure what could be causing the issue.  Are there any debuggin
suggestions?  Somehow turn on logging to see at what point a failure occurs?
Or, do some kind of XP debugging (though the event viewer log doesn't give
me any information that helped...).

Still trying,
Steve