Re: X startup hangs

> ZoneAlarm is known to change the behaviour of Windows
> TCP/IP stack and this seems to cause troubles with cygwin since cygwin
must provide unix
> like semantics and has problems if something does not work it was
expected.

But I tried shutting down Zonealarm--> X still hangs. Do you think it ss
really a ZoneAlarm problem?

> So it is not a problem with insufficient rights to access the network (in
fact
> xkbcomp does not need any network access) but a problem with
different/unexpected
> behaviour of windows subsystems. I doubt this can be solved without
digging
> into the startup code of the cygwin library where it stopped

Can you help me solving just the xkb problem (which is not related to
network)?
I appreciate very much to work with my keyboard.
Now i'm using 'startx -- -kb -clipboard'
without -multiwindow the X starts hanged. After killing cat.exe, X is ready
and I can use it.
my little goal is to remove that -kb to regain my keyboard!