Re: Please help: can't start Cygwin/X 6.7 on win2k -- accept() failed

Claude Noshpitz wrote:
Interestingly, I run both a Cisco VPN and Zone Labs firewall.
What's really weird is that I've had XFree86 working just fine for
*years*
in exactly this environment, but I recently allowed ZoneAlarm to
"update" itself. I'm pretty sure that is what broke X; I installed
more recent versions of XFree86 and Cygwin/X to see if that helped,
but it didn't.

I did *once* get a couple of xterms up after disabling ZoneAlarm
and restarting X (on top of an already running instance) but I'm pretty sure that was just a glitch :)

What should I be looking for?

Thanks!

--Claude

I think X needs to be able to receive incoming TCP connections in order to work, don't quote me though.

-uso.