Re: XWin startup problem

Gib Bogle wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've just installed the lastest Cygwin distribution on a P4 running W2000.
>
> If I start Cygwin/X with  /usr/X11R6/bin/startxwin.bat  the invocation
> fails withj the following error log XWin.log
> Welcome to the XWin X Server
> Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
> Release: 6.7.0.0-10
>
> Contact: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
>
> winInitializeDefaultScreens - w 1024 h 768
> winInitializeDefaultScreens - Returning
> XWin was started with the following command line:

> winValidateArgs - g_iNumScreens: 1 iMaxConsecutiveScreen: 1
> winCheckDisplayNumber - Cygwin/X is already running on display 0
>
> Fatal server error:
> InitOutput - Duplicate invocation on display number: 0.  Exiting.

You have started Cygwin/X twice. Only start it once. You should notice an
"X" in the taskbar if Cygwin/X is already running.

> winDeinitMultiWindowWM - Noting shutdown in progress
> If I start with
>
> c:
> chdir \cygwin\bin
> SET MAKE_MODE=UNIX
> SET DISPLAY=localhost:0
> bash --login -i
>
> An xterm is opened successfully, and seems OK, although the log file
> contains this information:

> (--) winConfigKeyboard - Layout: "00000409" (00000409)
> (EE) Keyboardlayout "US" (00000409) is unknown
> Rules = "xorg" Model = "pc101" Layout = "us" Variant = "(null)" Options
> = "(null)"
> Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing
> from list!
> winPointerWarpCursor - Discarding first warp: 509 357
> winProcEstablishConnection - Hello
> winProcEstablishConnection - Clipboard is not enabled, returning.
>
> In other words, there is a problem with the keyboard layout, and the

This is just an indication that the us layout is not in the list of
proconfigured keyboard layouts since its the default anyway.

> clipboard is not enabled.  Are these serious problems, and if so can I
> fix them?

add -clipboard to the line in startxwin.bat which calls XWin.

bye
    ago
NP: Flesh Field - Cyberchrist
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723