RE: new install problems

I am testing an install on another machine but I have found so far:

**  a problem that has been around for a while with lzw compressed .tiff
files:
I don't understand why this is still a problem??  I downloaded the files
fresh via the cgywin setup program... libtiff does not support lzw but
windowmaker *AS Distributed* has .tiff files that are in that format??
I'll try using a windows paint program to save them without lzw and see if
that fixes that error.

**  a problem with folders:
The wmaker.exe generated a *LOT* of errors that I stopped by manually
creating a folder and sub-folder
For GNUStep and GNUStep/Defualt

Seems like the wmaker.exe has a permission problem on windows 2000 when
trying to remove or make folders in the "Documents and Settings" user / home
folder.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Did every one make the folders by hand?

On the local machine I was trying to configure Cygwin as Administrator so
the username did not have a space!

So far what I see looks good... If I can just get to a decent config :-)