XWin.exe 6.7-4 clipboard on Win 2K server sp4 - prevents Windows cut/copy

I'm using XWin.exe 6.7-4 (binary package installed via Cygwin's Setup)
on Win 2k Server, service pack 4.

When running Cygwin/X with the -clipboard option, I can cut and paste
between X apps, and from X to Windows apps.  As long as X is running, I
am not able to cut or copy from Windows apps.  For example, if I type
"foo" in X and copy it to the clipboard, whenever I paste in X or in
Windows I get "foo".  If I then type "bar" in Windows, select it, and
hit CTRL-C or choose "Copy" from an Edit menu via mouse, whenever I
paste in X or in Windows I get "foo" rather than "bar".  When I shut X
down I regain the ability to cut/copy in Windows.

When I use xwinclip instead of the -clipboard option, I am able to
transfer data into and out of the clipboard in X and Windows with no
problems.  I am not using both xwinclip and -clipboard simultaneously.

I was not able to find any mention of this particular clipboard problem
on Google or in the cygwin-xfree archives.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.