Re: xterm-186 build bustage

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> > You'll quickly note that 'X.Org Foundation' is somehow
> > getting into CFLAGS as a raw string, causing gcc to bork.  It seems that
> > this may be somehow caused by macros in xterm's configure scripts that
> > copy the CFLAGS set by the imake configuration files.

> However, with the CVS version I did get a "too many decimal points in a
> number" error.  I suspect it's a quoting issue -- XVERSION should have
> been defined as a string, and it was missing the quotes.  An extra level
> of shell invocation probably stripped them out.  I'll investigate...

That seems to be a lesser problem (still not a very good idea).

Actually the problem as reported seems to be
X11.tmpl:96:#define VendorDefines -DXVENDORNAME='"$(VENDORNAME)"' -DXVENDORNAMESHORT='"$(VENDORNAMESHORT)"'

which would work better if it were

X11.tmpl:96:#define VendorDefines -DXVENDORNAME=\"$(VENDORNAME)\" -DXVENDORNAMESHORT=\"$(VENDORNAMESHORT)\"

since the quotes otherwise are not echoed.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net