Re: Small tweak to HW accelerated cursor committed

Okay, just released that tweak as xorg-x11-xwin-6.7-6.

Thanks,

Harold

Earle F. Philhower III wrote:

As usual my CVS commit emails are in limbo, but just a heads up that I've
checked in a small change to the HW accelerated cursor routines.

Before it would set the cursor no matter where the mouse was, even in
the title bar.  (Drag an xterm in multiwindow mode quickly and see the
Windows cursor change to the X root cursor or the insertion bar depending
on where you're dragging over on the X hidden root window...it's a race
condition so sometimes it will show, sometimes not.)

The new changes check to see if the current cursor position is outside of
a window's client rect, and if so then it creates the cursor (for later
WM_SETCURSOR events) but does not SetCursor() it.  The WM_SETCURSOR
handler will take care of it when the mouse moves back into the client
region.

It's also possible to create color Win32 cursors dynamically, not just
black and white ones, through the use of CreateIcon (really!). I don't have
any way of testing this at all so I haven't done any work on it. Are there
any apps that compile under cygwin that set the X11 cursor color?

-Earle F. Philhower, III
 earle@ziplabel.com
 cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel
 http://www.cdrlabel.com