Re: how do you decorate a fullscreen root window?

Lewis_W_Brown@blm.gov wrote:

Not so long ago, on another Windows machine, X opened it's fullscreen root
window within a Windows window, allowing me to resize or drag it to
partially display both the X root and Windows desktop.  This was
convenient.

Currently, I am unable to duplicate this behavior:  -fullscreen opens
without decoration, requiring ALT-TAB to reveal any other windows;
-fullscreen -scrollbars (a guess) fails.

Just don't use -fullscreen at all. That opens in the default single window mode that has a title bar that will allow you to drag the window around. -scrollbars should allow you to resize the window in the default single window mode, but it hasn't been tested in a long time, so it may be broken.