Re: numlock

I Googled for "numlock off" and the first page had several promising-sounding hits with instructions on how to force Windows to boot up with NumLock off regardless of how the BIOS is configured.

The simplest solution (don't know which versions of Windows this will work with) was to add a line to c:\config.sys that looks like "NUMLOCK=OFF").

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately our users' boxes are locked down (they're on XP) so they wouldn't be able to edit that file. I was really looking for a way to do this from the XFree startup script or configuration anyway.

Sorry to come back to this again, but I have a lot of user faults reported due to this problem. Our users' boxes boot up with the numlock key on so this causes some confusion when they are told they have to switch the numlock key off before starting XFree. Is there anything I can do to switch this numlock behaviour off without user interference?

JS.

Use MSN Messenger to send music and pics to your friends http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar ? get it now! http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/

Stay in touch with absent friends - get MSN Messenger http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger