Re: Pseudocolor emulation in 6.7.0.0-3?

Michael,

Michael Sadd wrote:
First off, thanks very much for the new Xorg server.

For some time I have been using XWin to display an well-known EDA program that requires
pseudo-color visuals.  After updating to the new xserver on April 11,2004, my old
configuration seems to break.  Below is the output of /tmp/XWin.log and xdypinfo.  The
interesting lines seems to be:

winSetEngine - Multi Window or Rootless => ShadowGDI
winAdjustVideoModeShadowGDI - Command line bpp: 8, using bpp: 32

Interesting. The 6.7-3 release was supposed to include a fix for this problem (which was introduced sometime before 6.7-3) but it appears that the fix didn't make it into the release, instead it will be in 6.7-4 (see the release notes for 6.7-3 via the About... menu on the tray icon, you'll see that it claims this was fixed already).

Thanks for the heads up,