Re: .xinitrc ?

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004, Danilo Turina wrote:

> Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:
> > twm:  another window manager is already running on screen 0?
> > twm:  unable to find any unmanaged screens
> >
> > If I use .xinitrc with "exec twm", startx reports the above.
>
> If you use startx, by default, the multi-window mode is used (startx
> passed -multiwindow to XWin.exe) and, hence,  the native Windows window
> manager is used as X window manager.
>
> > The same using another window manager. It works fine if I add
> > it to startxwin.sh. It used to work with XFree86.
>
> Instead using startxwin.sh "-multiwindow" is not passed to XWin.exe and
> you have to old behavior.

Thanks. I wonder why the default changed though. Before
startx only had defaultserverargs="", and now it has
defaultserverargs="-multiwindow -clipboard". Or was
-multiwindow the default with XFree86 ?

Anyway, everythins is working fine now. I'm used to .xinitrc
and startx on Linux :)

--
How to contact me - http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html