Re: .xinitrc ?

Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:
twm:  another window manager is already running on screen 0?
twm:  unable to find any unmanaged screens

If I use .xinitrc with "exec twm", startx reports the above.

If you use startx, by default, the multi-window mode is used (startx passed -multiwindow to XWin.exe) and, hence, the native Windows window manager is used as X window manager.

The same using another window manager. It works fine if I add
it to startxwin.sh. It used to work with XFree86.

Instead using startxwin.sh "-multiwindow" is not passed to XWin.exe and you have to old behavior.

Ciao,

Danilo

--
Danilo Turina

2 anni 11 mesi 29 giorni 22 ore 42 minuti 55 secondi