Re: SHM extension fails to start

Charles L. Werner wrote:
I tried the suggested command from the Cygwin bash command line and the SHM extension still fails:

I tried to find documentation on cygserver, but all there is dead links in the
cygwin users guide. I assume the CYGWIN environment variable is being set by
suggested command. There is no info for this option in the users guide for the CYGWIN
environment variable... Since it had no effect is the environment variable setting incorrect?

You have to launch cygserver just like you launch ipc-daemon2, except cygserver is in /usr/sbin instead of /usr/bin so you have to explicitly reference it unless /usr/sbin has been manually added to your path:

/usr/sbin/cygserver

Then launch "CYGWIN=server XWin".