Re: About box

Rob Foehl wrote:

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, Jack Tanner wrote:

[snip]

I agree with all of these points, some moreso than others..  URLs
definitely shouldn't be represented as buttons, as it's inconsistent with
just about every other user interface out there (across multiple
platforms)..  The about/exit order in the menu is also somewhat
significant, most applications where an 'exit' option is useful place it
at the bottom of the tray menu.

URLs: not possible in a dialog, as far as I can tell since this was how I wanted to do it too. Buttons were the only way I could do it.

About/Exit order: Like I said, I modeled it after an app written by Microsoft and I'm not going to change it until people have flammed each other to death on this one. I hate nothing more than to have three releases in a row where I release something as foo, change it to bar, then change it back to foo because more people complained about it being bar than foo.