Re: Antwort: Clipboard fix - Please test

Ben,

Ben Jackson wrote:

Yep, this stop's things from hanging indefinitely (ie they now only hang for
3 secs) but after the 3 secs it still doesn't paste into the app. This is
only broken for pasting from X->Windows and NOT vice versa. Win->X is fine
(as is X->X) and works a treat, but X->win hangs for 3 seconds ...

I guess this is an improvement, but doesn't resolve the issue of it not
pasting the text.

Well, that wasn't the goal, was it? :)

The first part of this problem is that I need more detailed information from people about what apps are causing problems. In fact, I really need a package that is freely available on debian unstable that I can install and have an easily reproducible test case with. I'll leave that legwork to the folks affected by this since I have been unable to reproduce it until now.

We may just find out that the X app that owned the selection no longer has the data and that we need to clear the bit that says X owns the clipboard contents. The apps having trouble may be notifying us of their relinquished ownership in a way that is either not handled by us or not reliably handled by us.

Waiting for a test case,