Re: Fontpath and IPC problems when switching from XWin-44 to 54under latest cygwin

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Because lack of time I tried switching from XWin-44 to XWin-54 today and
> got the following errors in my XWin.log which were not present in
> XWin-44 (see logfile below), 2 font paths could not be initialized and
> IPC support was disabled although cygip2 was running (as can be seen in
> the log file from XWin-44)
>
> I also had the XWin versions 47 and 49 handy, so I'm attaching also the
> their logfiles. As can be seen IPC support is not recognized anymore in
> 47 and the path initialization problems show up in 49.
>
> Any hints, cause I really need IPC support and don't want to sty behind
> with my XWin version.

Just the obvious one here:

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2004-02/msg00008.html

IIRC, XWin has not been updated to use cygserver, or updated to use the
new cygipc layout.  So, it's probably a broken mix at the moment.

I'll try to provide a patch to transition to cygserver later, time
permitting.  It should be fairly easy for anyone to try, though.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer