Re: X/Cygwin icon proposal

Hi folks, I'm really impressed with all the work you folks are doing!

At 04:33 PM 3/11/2004 -0500, Harold wrote:
Nahor wrote:
Alexander Gottwald wrote:
It was (is) in CVS and I really like it. Even much better than the new one.
Maybe one can add yet-another-option on the commandline and have several icons in the exe (or on a special library or whatever). It won't solve the problem of the default exe icon but it will solve any the taskbar/systray/shortcuts issue.
Well, I don't know about a command-line option (sounds like a reasonable idea), but I was at least going to preserve the white bordered icon as the second icon in the file. That way people could use it for shortcuts and such. Also, I think Earle's .XWinrc file may allow you to specify an alternate icon for the tray and the default icon for each window, so we may not need a command-line option. Anyone want to look into this to confirm or debunk it?

It's not there today, but if people are really interested I can throw together a patch to the parser lexx/yacc to add a "TrayIcon xxxx" line and add the usual support for "iconfile.dll,n" where n=icon ID (ie. "shell32.dll,5" gives the floppy drive icon). A default icon can be specified for X apps, but again it's only for .ico files and can't index into, say, XWin.exe...

-Earle F. Philhower, III
 earle@ziplabel.com
 cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel
 http://www.cdrlabel.com