Re: Okay, I feel stupid

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 07:01:06AM -0800, Matthew L. Mandalek wrote:
> How do I use cygwin to start a X console on my XP machine like I get on
> the Rad Hat Fedora console?

Do you just mean a terminal window or do you mean an X desktop?

To me 'console' means a text mode terminal, in that case all you need
to do is run the cygwin object that should be on your desktop and you
have something like wghat you're after.

If you want a 'proper' Unix/Linux terminal then you need rxvt which
you may or may not have downloaded with cygwin.

--
Chris Green (chris@areti.co.uk)