Re: Emacs crashing with XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-50

Try running without -multwindow and instead use 'twm' as your window manager. If you can reproduce the problem, then we know that it was likely always there and that you just happened to notice it with release 4.3.0-50. If you cannot reproduce the problem then we have probably identified a valid problem in the multi-window code.

Harold

tulitanssi@luukku.com wrote:

Hi,

as Harold adviced, I'll make a new problem thread:

Emacs and xemacs (as started on Solaris or Linux) experience crashing problems
with the new XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-50. With XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-44 this problem
did not exist. The crashing can easily be reproduced just by clicking on the
emacs windows repeatedly for some seconds, maybe moving the mouse a bit
at the same time.

Maybe the problem could be a some outdated supporting library?

Thanks,
Tuli

.............................................................. MTV3 Laajakaista - Hauskemman elämän puolesta. http://www.mtv3.fi/liittyma/hankinta/laajakaista/