BUMP: Icelandic character composition not working

Hi Again,

If this is not the correct place to ask about this, please just let me know. Otherwise, any ideas?

Jay

====

Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong list; I am not sure where to turn.

In RedHat Linux running under xwindows provided by Cygwin/XFree86, I am
able to type all the "foreign characters" I need to use, except for one
Icelandic characters (I can type other Icelandic characters).  Again, this
is to type such characters in linux programs and documents running under X.

My "guru" mapped the Right Alt key as the Multi_key and so with it I can
make characters like þ and Þ and Ä, etc., by typing combinations of
letters, etc.

However, I have not been able to figure out how to make the "thorn" (eth)
character which I think is 208 and 240 decimal.  It is the character that
looks like a d or D with a horizontal line through it.

The docs say that I am supposed to be able to use:

minus D or D minus

minus d or d minus

(minus = dash = - )

I have Googled and just am not finding the right page.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Jay