Re: Minor progress on Windows clipboard deadlock

Øyvind,

I think I fixed at least part of your problem with the clipboard support when compiling from CVS. It turned out that my OsVendorReset function was not being called in the CVS version because -DDDXOSRESET was not being defined where the files in Xserver/dix/ could see it, thus no call was made to OsVendorReset since it is wrapped with #ifdef DDXOSRESET.

I'm not sure if you were using Xdmcp or if you were using -mutliwindow with ssh. If you were using Xdmcp, then this may fix your problem; if you are only using ssh, then it is unlikely to help.

Harold

Øyvind Harboe wrote:

I believe I've made a tiny step towards finding out when this happens.

Before the deadlock happens copying from windows and pasting in e.g. Evolution no longer works.

I.e. the paste behaves as if the clipboard is empty.

At this point XWin is doomed.

If you subsequently copy from e.g. Evolution and paste in any Windows
app, that Windows app is deadlocked.

Øyvind