Re: reset/terminate problems; preventing multiple XWin instances

Takuma Murakami wrote:

Eran,

As for preventing multiple instances of XWin, a kludgy way to do it is
by checking if anyone is listening on the X server port, using NETSTAT.
Example:

This feature is already implemented in my local tree (not
port based but mutex based detection).  It is in test and
documentation process and I will commit it to the public
CVS soon.

It is at least a good feature to fail when another instance of XWin.exe is operating on the same display number. Your fix still allows running multiple instances like the following, right?

XWin :0 -query foo_host
XWin :1 -multiwindow
XWin :2 -fullscreen

As long as it allows the above and only fails if someone tries to do the following, then it will be fine:

XWin :0 ...
XWin :0 ... [should fail]
XWin :0 ... [should fail]