Re: MultiWindow Mode: stty speed = 0 on xterm cause rlogin to fail

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> > If the stdin for the menu process isn't a tty, the inherited stdin for
> > xterm still won't be a tty.  Some stty settings can be set for non-tty's,
> > and some cannot.  Usually the differences between xterm and rxvt in this
> > area are related to whether there is a real /dev/tty associated with the
> > process.
>
> Sounds like we need to peek at rxvt to get some pointers on how to do
> this... or is it your impression that it is not really possible?

It might not be possible - xterm is doing some features that rxvt doesn't,
and making some checks that rxvt doesn't.  It's worth comparing to see
where the problem is, though - might be a feature whose failure can be
worked around.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net