problem with remote X connection via XDMCP

Hello all,

I assure you, I have scoured the archives for this list, read the FAQ and all the relevant documentation for XDMCP on both cygwin.com and xfree.org and cannot find anything that helps me.

anyhoo here is what I am using:

Client side:
Cygwin 1.5.7-1 on Windows XP Pro
XFree86-base 4.3.0-1
XFree86-bin 4.3.0-8

Server side:
Gentoo Linux (2.4.24 kernel)
XFree86 4.3.0
KDE 3.1.4

And here is the problem:

I am able to log into the remote X session and get the KDE login screen using the following command:

XWin -query <server address> -lesspointer -fp tcp/<server address>:7100

I enter my user name and password, select my session (tried Windowmaker and KDE) after which the session "hangs"

I see the following in my kdm.log file on the server:

Xlib: extension "XInputExtension" missing on display "<client address>:0.0".
Failed to get list of devices
sessions: SessionTypes=Xsession,kde-3.1.4,wmaker,
Changing kdmrc in /usr/kde/3.1

I am at a dead end here and have no clue as to how to proceed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Loren Burlingame
www.lorenburlingame.com