Re: Patch for silent exit

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Takuma Murakami wrote:

> > Now we just need to decide if it is a good idea to have two different
> > behaviors:
> >
> > 1) Show Exit confirmation dialog box when apps are running.
> >
> > 2) Don't show Exit confirmation dialog box when no apps are running.
> >
> > I think it is probably safe, but I know that some user out there will be
> > confused.  ;)
>
> I know I must be careful enough to change the default behaviour
> since I made a confusion about the auto-repeat problem...
> Now I would apply this patch if no opposition appears in a week.
> Any positive/negative comments will be appreciated.

I'm uncertain about this. XDMCP should not be affected since there is always
a client connected (the xdm login screen or the window manager) so I doubt
I will be affected by the change *g*.

Anyway, I think exiting the xserver without any connected client is save
except for users who expect it to be running and now file bugreports that they
can not connect to the xserver after double-clicking the icon.

BTW: This should be handled. Double clicking the icon should _not_ silently
stop the xserver.

bye
	ago
--