XDMCP howto for cygwin? (or other remote-desktop solution)

Is there an XDMCP howto for cygwin? Or is there another/better way to
get what I want:

My development group recently lost its testers (they now do bigger
"scenario tests") so we now need to do our own functional test, and we
need to do it on several platforms. We develop on Windows (still, may
change soon) so we setup some Linuxen to/from which I can forward with

ssh -Xl me it

(using -multiwindow -clipboard) so I know I'm setup more-or-less
correctly. (Although I'm getting lotsa weirdness on the latest cygwin,
but that's a separate topic. And I've gotta test if I can now run
WSAD remotely using -multiwindow.)

We occasionally get bug reports that are toolkit-specific, so I'd
really like to be able to run an "entire" remote desktop from cygwin.
(E.g. if a user says, "I run foo from <Konqueror | Nautilus>, and it
does bar," I'd like to be able to fire up a <KDE | GNOME> session.)
My impression is that this is normally done using XDMCP connects,
after which one can

start Xwin -query it

and my

but I've never set this up. So I'm wondering:

* is XDMCP The Way (tm) to do this?

If so, I'm assuming (from traffic on the list) that cygwin supports
XDMCP, but I'm unclear on

* How to do it on cygwin? All the howto's I've seen reference Linux,
  and I'm also a little unclear on what goes on which end.

Your assistance is appreciated, feel free to forward, and please CC me
as well as the list if possible (I'm on the digest).