Re: Notes on adding accelerated OpenGL support to Cygwin/X

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> I am interested in adding this support as well, but I think it would be
> nice if some users and/or developers out there would help get this
> started by creating some of the boilerplate files for me and ensuring
> that these initial files compile correctly (although they will not do
> anything and might not link correctly).

I don't want to discourage anyone, but this is to let you know I am
trying to work this in "my spare time" :-).

> I have put together a one page set of notes on the files that we need to
> adapt to our platform and the minor changes to the build system that we
> need to make to get those files to build:
>
> http://msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/devel/server/CygwinX-Accelerated-OpenGL-Support-20040128.pdf
>   (44 KiB)

Thanks for the notes.  I have
looked at this on and off for a year or two but always got lost quickly.

> These notes apply to the CYGWIN tag on the xorg repository that lives at
> freedesktop.org.  See the XWin Server development page for information
> on how to check out a tree:
>
> http://x.cygwin.com/devel/server/

Just built it for the first time :-).

--