Keyboard

Hi all,

I'm having an odd problem. I'm connecting from my Windows 2000 Pro laptop to a remote machine running Debian stable (woody). I connect using startxwin.bat, and connect with SSH, enabling X11 Port Forwarding. I get to a bash shell on the remote machine, and all is well. I can type commands fine, and I start kde with startkde.

KDE works as expected (except for a question about speed, which I'll address in a separate post), except that it doesn't accept keyboard input. I can use the mouse and run apps, but I can't type anything.

I'm not using a non-US keyboard or anything, so this is a bit mystifying. Is there something I'm missing to get the graphical session to recognize keystrokes?

Thanks.