RE: Startx on WinXP

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Brian L. Walter wrote:

> the *solution* was a cheat.  I commented out the references in startx to
> $HOME.  Since I don't have specific configurations, this is an acceptable
> white lie.

Why not try startxwin.bat and the "nifty" multiwindow mode (ie. Windows is
the window manager)?

> The version of lesstif is 0.93.91-6.  Interestingly enough, it's -2 on the
> win98 machine, on which mwm *does* work.  I might try downgrading to -2
> (from the install packages on the win98 machine).

WFM.

-2 was a broken attempt at an Xm DLL.  It just so happened that mwm was
still linked to the static Xm in that package.  In general, it was broken,
so don't revert please.

You might post strace mwm | grep Mwm 2>&1 to see if it is an app-default
issue.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer