Startx on WinXP

Greetings,

I've recently installd cygwin on both a win98 machine and a winxp machine.
The win98 installs works great (except for being really slow, but that's a
hardware issue.)  On the XP side, I've installed it, but getting some
strange behavior.  If I do a 'startx', I get the following:

[: and: unknown operand
[: and: unknown operand

After doing some playing around with the startx script, I've come to realize
it's complaining about the bash conditional statements.  As though I'm not
running under bash....

And as far as I can see, I am.  The fall out of this behavior is the
inability to control which window manager gets started.  I can get around
that by commenting out all of the conditionals in startx, but, this seems at
best a temporary work around.

Am I missing something in setting up/configuring cygwin to run under XP,
something that is different than win98?

TIA

Brian L. Walter
Service Data Managemnet
"We treat our customers like a future depends on it"
www.sdm1.com

---