Re: Grace (xmgrace) 5.1.12-1 graph program -- building under cygwin-- possibly LessTif bug from 0.93.91 ?

Atwood, Robert C wrote:

Sorry, I guess you missed the more detailed description, gdb backtraces,
etc? I shouldn't have change the subject to BACKTRACE:

Yes, I realized that after I send the mail.

When certain dialog boxes are opened, including (but not only)
'Plot|Axis properties ...' the program crashes.
Opening some other boxes eg 'Plot|Plot appearance ... ' does not cause
the crash.
Double-clicking the axis causes the crash.
Yes, reproducable. I'll send another mail to cygwin-apps and withdraw
the 5.14.1 version.

The console in which it was running reports that it got SIGSYS  and says
it may have something to do with the graphic (but I think that is
because the signal numbers are different? GDB says it gets SIGSEGV
segmentation fault)

The back trace with 5-1-12-1 rebuilt with debug (-g) is copied below.
But LessTif seems not to have been build with -g and I am having trouble
building this myself.

The same behaviour occurs with the new 5-1-14 package and the new
LessTif-0-93-91-6 , so my guess that it was the same bug in XGetCValues
that I encountered in November may be totally wrong.

Which LessTif did you install and get it to work? Did you try opening
some dialog boxes or just start the test routine? The test routine works
because it never opens those dialog boxes.

I used the 0.93-91-5 version, installed with setup. I'm not sure that I will find the time over the weekend, but if yes, I'll try to build debug versions for both progamms.

Volker

--
PGP/GPG key  (ID: 0x9F8A785D)  available  from  wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
key-fingerprint 550D F17E B082 A3E9 F913  9E53 3D35 C9BA 9F8A 785D