Re: Patch: -multiplemonitors is default, -nomultiplemnoitors added

Hi Harold, Ayvind...
At 12:45 PM 1/15/2004 -0500, you wrote:
Thanks, got it.  Will look at it soon.
Harold
Ã?yvind Harboe wrote:
Ref. earlier post, here is the patch.
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2004-01/msg00160.html
I compiled&tested; works on my rocket.

This is just my $0.02, but instead of changing the default behaviour for non-multi window mode, why not just patch only the mode that doesn't work properly in a multihead machine, multiwindow? Folks running single window on a multihead setup are probably doing it for a good reason (i.e. left monitor=X, right=Windows) and would need to change their startup scripts...

Unfortunately I don't have a working compile setup for the new XWIN .40
or I'd give the patch, but basically use everything Ayvind did except the
MultiMonitor mode value change, move that setting into the
if (ISOPTION("multiwindow")) {} block.

-Earle F. Philhower, III
 earle@ziplabel.com
 cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel