Re: Grace (xmgrace) 5.1.12-1 graph program -- building under cygwin-- possibly LessTif bug from 0.93.91 ?

Robert,

Please send in the results of "cygcheck -c lesstif" and report on whether you have built lesstif yourself or if you are using the stock lesstif package for Cygwin.

I get the following output (which is the latest version):

$ cygcheck -c lesstif
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
lesstif              0.93.91-5      OK

Harold

Atwood, Robert C wrote:

Dear  Cygwin-xfree people :
I am trying to compile xmgrace with a few of my own (very minor)
modifications and to run under Cygwin. I have already compiled it
successfully on a Linux machine. However, I could not get it to run on
Cygwin.

So , I tried the basic source without my modifications -- even then, the
executable I compile under Cygwin gives a SIGSYS (Signal 6) when trying
to open certain (but not all) dialog boxes. The binary installed from
Cygwin setup does not give this problem.
This is the Grace-5.1.12 version.

I had a similar problem with ddd on Linux using LessTif 0.93.91, and
Danny fixed the problem in November. Is it possible that the same bug is
causing this? Can the default LessTif be upgraded (or downgraded? ) The
bug was #849599 and was fixed in version 0.93.94 (see LessTif bug
database and forwarded reply below)

However, if this were the problem, I still don't see why the downloaded
binary should work but the compiled binary should not? They use shared
libraries for LessTif, don't they?

I used the following procedure:
1. use Cygwin setup to obtain the source archives
2. ./grace-5.5.12-1.sh prep
3. cd grace-5.5.12
4. ./configure
5. make 6. make tests

during tests, opening the dialog boxes causes the fault

7. make install
8. make links
9. /usr/local/bin/xmgrace

the same fault occurs.

Here is some relevant information:

Host: CYGWIN_NT-5.1 2003-09-20 16:31 1.5.5(0.94/3/2) i686
Time: Thu Jan 15 18:18:44 2004
GUI toolkit @(#)GNU/LessTif Version 2.1 Release 0.93.91
Xbae version: 4007
T1lib: 1.2.1p1-grace