Re: Updated: XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-31

Alexander Gottwald wrote:

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Andrew Braverman wrote:

I just tried running this version and it crashes.  I get a normal looking
stuff at the beginning of the XWin.log file and then get one line telling
me:
	winClipboardWindowProc - WM_DRAWCLIPBOARD - Initializing - Returning.
Then I get 64K + lines (total size of log file is 65072 lines) of:
	winProcSetSelectionOwner - We changed ownership, aborting.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Noticed this too. It happend after sever reset.

Here is a dumb question: if the clipboard client is attached, how did you cause a server reset? Is there a way to force the server to reset when there are clients still attached? I need to be able to do this in order to test my fix... and it sounds like there is a way to do this, since I don't think it could happen automatically.