Re: Working with fonts

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 laboiss1@netscape.net wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to setup my xterm with the -fn -fs option in order to
> increase the font size. I just can't figure out how and which fonts to
> select, and therefore it always defaults to "fixed". Does anybody have a
> font primer? I'm looking for things such as which directory to
> uncompress fonts, what names to use and how to link them?
>
> tks,
> Paul Laboiss

Umm, line wrapping would be nice...

That aside, are you trying to specify some existing font for the xterm, or
add your own fonts?  If the former, xlsfonts and xfontsel are your
friends.  Make sure you specify either a complete alias, or enough
properties to uniquely identify the font (xfontsel won't show aliases,
IIRC).

If the latter (add new fonts), there are a few steps which I don't recall
at the moment and won't dig for unless that's what you wanted, so let me
know.  FWIW, you can do similar things to add a font alias, which might
make the font specification in the previous paragraph easier.
	Igor
P.S. You only need the '-fn' option.
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/