XFree86 4.3.0 and AltGr

Hi,

I downloaded cygwin yesterday and stumbled over the not-working AltGr. I searched the archives (I emphasize this as it seems you get praised on this list for doing so ;-) ) and got some news.

In my case, the problem shows up a bit differently. I have Windows2000 and no power toys or tweakUI installed (whatever those are). AltGr seems to work in general, i.e. if I press AltGr and "+"-key twice, I get a "~" (or AltGr-+ and space). So this is what you expect from a keyborad with dead keys. XEmacs, however, considers AltGr a real key instead of a modified, i.e. every time I press AltGr I get a message about an undefined key.

As I want nodeadkeys, I changed XF86Config-4, including the variant nodeadkeys. Nothing changed. So I intended to play around with some options and in order to avoid restarting the server every time, I assembled my "base" command: "xsetxkbmap -rules xfree86 -model pc105 -layout de -variant nodeadkeys". This is just what's written in my XF86Config-4. To my suprise this was it. I.e. after executing this command, everything works.

So obviously, xwin is not really configured as stated in XF86Config-4 after startup.

Regards,

Michael