Re: can't use windows with GoBack?

Lester,

Dan Nelson wrote:

Lester Ingber wrote:

I just installed Symantec GoBack (to compensate for known problems with XP
Pro Systrem Restore). Most everything runs fine under Cygwin. However,
anything under XWin (including brining up XWin), runs unbearably slow,
about a factor of at least 100-1000 or more slower. The System just
consumes all CPU?

I just paid $30 to Symantec to hear that they do have some problems with
GoBack with some applications running much too slow to use.  They're
"working in it."

I have no problems using cygwin/X and Goback on my XP machine. I also have it installed on 98 and w2k machines, but haven't used X on them. I know regular cygwin stuff runs fine. Maybe some IPC operation is going through the filesystem code and causing goback to process it? If you open up goback's advanced features window, does it log any activity?

That reminds me... do you have an ATI graphics card?