Re: Trouble with DDD download via cygwin setup

y2bismil@engmail.uwaterloo.ca wrote:
I'm having trouble downloading the ddd version maintained by Harold Hunt. I have cygwin setup version 2.416. I setup the server to point to
http://www.egr.msu.edu/~huntharo/cygwin/. I process normally through the cygwin
setup. I located the ddd entry in the package list under Xfree86. I select it
and set it to install ddd 3.3.8-1 (binary). I click Next and it starts
downloading the file ddd-3.3.8-1.tar.bz2. I gets almost too completion( 96%,
1384k/1435k), and then an error message just comes up and says "download
imcomplete try again". I've repeated this many times, all to the same result.

I must have messed up the setup.ini file so it is expecting a larger file. I should fix this, but I have a final due today and my wife is very sick.

I then tried manually downloading the file from
http://www.egr.msu.edu/~huntharo/cygwin/release/ddd/ddd-3.3.8-1.tar.bz2, which downloaded fine. I extracted it (into a private dir), but when I tried to run
the executable it says it could not find cygxm-2.dll. I'm assuming this is
either motif or lestiff related from a google. The main story here is that the
file is downloaded if I do not go through cygwin setup.

That's what happens when you install a package by hand: you don't get the dependencies. You need LessTif and possibly some other packages.