Re: Xaw patch (focus problem) & DLL

John,

John E Urbanczyk wrote:
I wasn't aware that the patched libraries were available - all I had
seen was Harold Hunt's email describing the patch and I read it to say
that he hadn't rebuilt everything as of yet. And I was trying to put
together everything in one day, but the new libraries have fixed the
problem. I think I understand how cygwin has its libraries organized -
I'm actually more familiar with the MS Visual Studio, and have a general
idea of static and import libraries (.lib) and dynamic libraries (.dll)
in that environment.

Yeah, there wasn't really a follow-up email in that thread. There was an announcement for the XFree86-bin package (*.dll) and the XFree86-prog package (*.dll.a) saying that the changes had been applied. A .lib is sort of equivalent to a .dll.a file and a .dll is obviously the same thing in both.

I believe that all packages have been updated for the shared Xt library and all associated patches, so if you run Cygwin's setup.exe and let it update all packages you should be in good shape.