Re: AltGr and XP Powertoys not fixed yet?

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> > Well, the only fix I've found so far is to deinstall the Powertoys. :-(
>
> Good man: you actually searched the archives :)

Isn't that common practice? ;-)

> > Is there a patch or something else (perhaps a magic Registry entry to
> > disable Powertoys behaviour) to make AltGr work _with_ having Powertoys
> > installed? I'd really appreciate this as Exceed would be the only other
> > solution I can see for now.
>
> No, there is not a patch.  Creating a patch would be easiest for someone
> with a non-U.S. keyboard and keyboard layout, Windows XP, and TweakUI
> installled.

I'm sorry to hear that but thanks for the confirmation!

But how about adding this to the FAQ? The problem hits every XP user
having a german keyboard and is running Powertoys...
I wonder, is it _that_ uncommon so it isn't even a FAQ?

Regards, Walter