RE: How to configure a windows machine as an X client?

Nope.  This would require making Windows an Xclient.  This was done
before and even offered as a product from Insignia, but was later pulled
due to contractual problems with the developer company and never brought
back again.  Now though, I see people getting similar functionality with
VNC.

 - Joaquin