Re: Problem with WinXP, XF86, Caps lock, xterm and cursor keys

Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> writes:

> Personally, I suspect that some piece of code is handling things
> differently than the rest, so even the usual methods of fixing things
> (ie, xresources, xmodmap) may not fix things.  (But I'll be giving it
> a try, since it's easy.)

I'm able to use X resources to have xterm treat Shift-cursor the same
as (application) cursor keys.  I also discovered that xev is showing
a Shift_L keydown before hitting the affected keys.  I haven't tried
turning caps lock off with xkb yet.

Is there a tool lower-level than xev which shows what XF86 is getting
from Windows?

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - I am the rocks.