Re: xwinclip & startxdmcp.bat questions/problems

Jay Smith schrieb:

a) I am still (same as before this upgrade) left with a DOS window for the startxdmcp that has to be manually closed. Annoying, but not terrible.

You could start xwinclip with a link like this to prevent the DOS Window

D:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe -l -c "xwin +kb -xkbmap de -query murpel -from 192.168.1.2 -fp tcp/192.168.1.1:7100 -dpi 100 -once -ac &"

b) I am additionally now left with *another* DOS window for xwinclip. When I try to close it, it says that the program will terminate. It is

As to my knowledge you have to live with that window, i know no way to get it in the background. That would be a bad idea anyway because

c) Harold mentioned "restarting" xwinclip. I have not been able to find any instructions on how to do this. The xwinclip readme does not cover

you need to restart it manually if it stops working. I have a bash shell running and start
xwinclip --display 127.0.0.1:0.0
CTRL-C if it stops working and restart.

Holger