Re: wmaker TIFF (actually libtiff4) problem

Thank you for clarification of patent issues.

> (Of course, this makes me wonder: (a) there were reports that "this used
> to work -- or still works -- with cygtiff3.  But THAT dll did not
> provide LZW support either.  See below for random speculation. (b) Why

Actually I have a system with a rather old cygwin
installation.  WindowMaker surely works fine on the
system.  In the old system WindowMaker is version
0.80.0-2 in contrast to the new system having version
0.80.2-1.  The old wmaker.exe is linked against
cygtiff3.dll.  Since their cygtiff3.dll are identical
in two systems the old wmaker.exe also works fine on
the new system.  I believe I have not recompiled any
TIFF packages.

For now I will not go further because I'm not using
WindowMaker.  It seems too hard for me to track down.

Takuma Murakami (murakami@ipl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp)