Re: mapping the right mouse button

Let me narrow down your problem.

> I remember seeing recently that there was a fix for mapping the mouse
> buttons in XFree86. I'm trying to get an application called EMC (which does
> disk management on MVS) to work with XFree but the problem is the right
> mouse button doesn't seem to work.

If you mean that the right click menu had worked before
but it lost the function recently, then my patch may do
something wrong.  Otherwise, it is better to confirm
EMC works well.  A good experiment is to run EMC on
another X server (e.g. XFree on Linux).  You can also
use xev and xmodmap to debug.  Note that the right
button is button 3 on X.

> It should bring up a menu when I right click on one of the disk images. I
> found that I could use Shift-F10 instead though and wondered if someone
> could tell me how to map these keys to the right mouse button?

My patch enables remapping among mouse buttons; for
example, you can exchange left and right buttons.
However, assigning arbitrary keys to mouse buttons is
beyond X server's responsibility.  Please configure
EMC as you like or find a tool to assign it.

Takuma Murakami (murakami@ipl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp)