Re: screen redraw problem

Thanks for the help I got on this from Harold and Alan. The application was written in-house and after I asked the client for the source code, they managed to find the error themselves. For some reason, this only showed up in XFree86 though (not Exceed or Sun X-Windows). Here's what they said:

"An XWindows Draw function was taking a clipping area as a parameter. Under Xfree86, depending on what you are doing, invalid clipping areas were being generated and so the Draw function was causing screen distortions. I have put a validation in which checks the clipping area and if invalid it does not paint. In the old days when I used to work on the Windows SDK and OS2/Presentation Manager we used to hit similiar problems. This fix appears to be working."

JS,

Can you tell us about the application - is it available anywhere so I
can take a look too ?

Alan.

Use MSN Messenger to send music and pics to your friends http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger